Welcome to the gBar wiki page
Here you will find information about the systems provided by G-bar. The General DataBar, (G-Bar) is a service providing IT solutions to students of DTU.
- Several databars with SunRay terminals running Solaris and Linux
- Guides on how to connect to eduroam at campus, usage of general IT services
- Large amounts of downloadable course software, including Matlab, Maple and much more
- Plenty of computing power (for big simulations, consult the HPC site)
- 10 GB of online storage
- SVN, CVS and GIT repositories for version control
- Printing services in all our databars
Person to person help is found at the Lyngby Office 119 in Building 308, you can check out the opening hours at OFFICE HOURS.
If you need to make a reservation of one of the databars, check out RESERVATIONS.
You can try to use the search function to find relevant content. You can also find a list of support articles under FAQ.
If you need support, you can find the contact information under CONTACT.
This site also contains news updates on the status of systems and software.
The G-Bar is a separate databar, which means that we have nothing to do with other databars e.g E-bar, Win-bar. If you are looking for another databar information look at www.databar.dtu.dk
WPS (SAS language / Statistics) Installed on G-bar and DTU wide Campus License available The World Programming System (WPS) is a software platform for working with data and statistics. WPS can run programs written using the SAS language, ie. both the DATA-steps and the PROC-steps are supported. WPS supports the most widely used SAS procedures, but offers also a possibility to call the widely used R programs from within WPS (using Proc R). The WPS Workbench GUI is based on Eclipse. WPS is able to handle huge data volumes, and is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.